Dreaming of a beach house? If you can’t afford to buy one, you may be able to afford to bring the look of the beach into your home. I scoured the web for some great beach house looks. Near the ocean or lake (or even far away), decorating in shades of blue is comforting, crisp, and cool.
1. This rug is the perfect look for a beach home and ties many different blues together. From American Home Rug Co., this runner can be had for less than $100. You can find it here.
2. There is no question you’re a beach lover when you have this fun feather pillow. It’s available at One King’s Lane for $25.
3. A blue crab pillow isn’t just for homes on the coast! This vibrant blue pillow can be found at Etsy for just $23.
4. This pair of oblong blue stripe pillows adds some comfort to your nautical look. They are from Michael Fullen Design Group.
5. The anchors are embroidered on navy linen from Karen Robertson, a favorite among coastal homeowners.
6. How fun is this crab metal art? It’s available in four different sizes, the largest is 48″ x 30″, a true statement piece (of seafood)!
Pottery Barn has lots of great beach accessories right now. Yellows and greens work great with neutrals and blues to create a peaceful, carefree look.
1. Glass buoys date back to the mid-1800s, and each one of these is unique and hand-blown. They range from $59-$69 and can be found here.
2. I’m in love with this whale bookend, a fun way to display a few classic tales. It’s $79.
3. These lanterns look as good inside as they do outside. Suspend them throughout the yard, or use them as a centerpiece. Available in multiple sizes and prices.
4. This faux spike coral from Pottery barn is one of a few choices they sell that are carefully molded after the natural form. It’s just $39.50.
5. Yes, Pottery Barn actually sells sand too. Glass vases filled with sand, stones or shells add to a nautical feel.
6. These wood buoys are made of mango wood, then distressed to achieve a timeworn look. They’re on sale today!
1. Wicker is always in season at a beach house. This Wicker Wingback Armchair from Pottery Barn is handwoven and mixes formal and relaxed comfort for cottage perfection.
2. The Dory Side Cabinet can be found at Cottage & Bungalow and has removable shelves. This quirky and modern piece can be yours for $1,640.
3. The Blue Corn Pouf can be used as a foot rest or extra seating. A super functional beauty at $248.
4. They say when you get a cottage or beach house you’ll see how many friends you have, and you’ll need places for them to sleep! A daybed serves as seating during the day, and a bed at night. Add throw pillows and this Crate and Barrel daybed will be the hit of the house.
5. Natural elements are key in beach house decorating. I’m a fan of white birch and they’d add a rustic element to your outdoor theme.